Lesson 1: Create Your Own Digital Scrapbooking Papers

Home Forum Month 9 – Scrappers’ Delight Lesson 1: Create Your Own Digital Scrapbooking Papers

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

In this first lesson we will be using free internet resources to create our own digital scrapbooking papers. A lot of these have been popping up for sale in the Silhouette Online Store and there’s really no reason why you can’t create them yourself…completely customized!

Once your page is complete, you can choose to print it yourself or have it professionally printed and bound. You can also use these same methods to create your own vinyl patterns, print your own fabric, create postcards, holiday cards, etc! See what I mean? Everyone will love it!

If you have questions about the lesson are any of the online resources we use in it, this is the place to post them!

SueL
      Participant

Hi Nikki, Hope you are beginning to settle in your new home. I don’t scrapbook but I am sure things can be adapted to cardmaking. SueL

Hi Sue!
        I am starting to settle in, thanks for checking in!
        Moving is ALWAYS so stressful!
        And YES! You can use these same techniques to create and print custom papers to use in your cards! If you need help making any adjustments to the process (I don’t really think you will need to make any, but just in case!) send them my way!!

Stacey
      Participant

Hi Nikki and All,

that was fun making the scrapbook page. I’m sure it will come in handy with all my grandbaby stuff I do. I’m off to England and then France this week for a family wedding, very excited. Will miss the next live class, looking forward to catching up when I get back.

Oh my goodness! Stacey!
        Have a great time!
        We’ll miss you in class, but can’t wait to hear about your trip!!
        XOXO

Stacey
          Participant

thank you Nikki, I will be back by the 30th, I thought the live class was the 13th…yahooo

Mary
      Participant

Nikki, I need some help! I have read the instructions and watched the video as well. I think the more I read it and watch the video I will catch on. I don’t understand how to use the snipit tool. I did get it opened up, but from there did not know what to do with it or how to use it. Maybe I missed that live class where you discussed it. I don’t know if I got my paper design saved because as you said it did hang up my program. It was 1am so I forced it shut.
      Love this class.

Mary
      Participant

Ok Nikki, I got the snipit tool to work. Cut around the paper. I know there must be a way to cut it straight. I held the shift key but that didn’t work. I tried to free hand it but it was very crooked. I’m sure I will work it out also. But the correct way is probably easier. Thanks

Mary,
        I’m not a PC user, so I can’t provide any screenshots, but I found this tutorial online.
        I’ve added a few notes to help!
        Let me know if that works!

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
      DianeSwearingen
      Participant

When I click to download the papyrus design, I am taken to a page that says the following:

This content is for members only or it may not be available to you yet in the Crafting With Your Silhouette monthly program.

Suggestions?

Diane

Diane,
        Give it a try now. I just double checked it and you should be good!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.